The workshop title is " Way forward to Chemical and Process Engineering".
The workshop span is one day and is divided into two sessions. Session 1 may lasts for one hour thirty minutes and Session 2 for two to three hours based on student interaction.
- Session :1
- Chemical Engineering as a career
- In this session we will tell you the job prospectus for Chemical Engineers, Further studies, Internships, In plant training, how to choose a field that best suits for your goal,Salary trend in various fields, Resume guidelines etc.,
- Session :2
- Chemical Engineering - Skills required
- This session mainly focus on the design aspect of chemical engineering. Though it is useful for research students also. Here we will make you familiar with the Process Engineering drawings like BFD, PFD, P&ID, Layout and Isometrics.Other aspect of this session is design of chemical and process equipment like pump, heat exchanger, safety valve, compressor, agitator,how to give specification sheets for equipment.
- Also we will explain how to work in Microsoft excel for process calculations. The most interesting aspect of this session is Excel macro coding and introduction to simulation software like Aspen Plus and Aspen Hysys which are most sought in many companies.