Chemical engineering simulators come handy to solve complex problems in educational and engineering fields. With the help of these simulators we can
- Solve complex material and energy balances.
- Fix the ideal conditions for a process.
- Calculate the number of stages required for a process.
- Have valuable chemical databases.
- Have a process in single flow sheet.
List of chemical process simulators
This is a list of software used to simulate the material and energy balances of chemical processing plants.
· APMonitor Modeling Language
· Aspen Plus, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Custom Modeler by Aspen Technology
· ASSETT, D-SPICE and K-Spice by Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies AS
· CADSIM Plus by Aurel Systems Inc.
· CHEMCAD by Chemstations
· Cycle-Tempo by Asimptote
· COCO simulator
· COMSOL Multiphysics
· Design II for Windows by WinSim Inc.
· Distillation Expert Trainer
· DWSIM (open-source)
· DynoChem by Scale-up Systems Ltd.
· EMSO, the Environment for Modelling, Simulation and Optimisation from the ALSOC Project
· Flowtran Simulation by Monsanto (1961)
· gPROMS by PSE Ltd
· HSC Sim by Outotec
· INDISS by RSI
· ICAS: Integrated Computer Aided System developed by CAPEC
· IDEAS by Andritz Automation
· iiSE Simulator by VRTech
· LIBPF, the C++ LIBrary for Process Flowsheeting
· MiMic by MYNAH Technologies
· Mobatec Modeller by Mobatec
· OLGA by SPT Group (Scandpower)
· Omegaland by Yokogawa
· PIPE-FLO Professional by Engineered Software, Inc.
· Prode Sim
· ProSimulator by Sim Infosystems
· ProSimPlus by ProSim
· Petro-SIM by KBC Advanced Technologies
· Pro-Steam by KBC Advanced Technologies
· ProMax, TSWEET, and PROSIM by Bryan Research and Engineering
· PRO/II, DYNSIM & ROMeo (process optimizer)
· RecoVR by VRTech
· Simulis by ProSim
· SimCreate by TSC Simulation
· SPEEDUP by Roger W.H. Sargent and students
· SolidSim - flowsheet simulation of solids processes by SolidSim Engineering GmbH
· SuperPro Designer by Intelligen
· System7 by Epcon International
· UniSim Design & Shadow Plant by Honeywell
· Usim Pac by Caspeo
· VMGSim by Virtual Materials Group
· Wolfram SystemModeler by Wolfram Research